August 31, 2022 – New Turn Lane Changes from 85 Access at Armour Drive
Be aware of the new turn lane changes coming off the 85 Access ramp at Armour Drive.
The left lane allows you to turn left onto Armour Drive, then go into the roundabout onto Monroe toward Cheshire Bridge. If you take this lane, you CANNOT turn right onto Monroe going toward Ansley Mall.
The right lane allows you to go straight, turn right onto Armour, OR turn left onto Armour then immediately right onto Monroe toward Ansley Mall (bypassing the roundabout).
Watch the (extremely amateur) video to see these new traffic lane patterns in action.
June 8, 2022 Update from GDOT on the Armour Monroe Roundabout Project
- Curb and gutter installations are complete.
- Sidewalk construction is complete.
- Traffic has been shifted onto the new roundabout lane configuration.
These are the remaining Stage 3 activities for June, weather and on-site conditions permitting:
- The center island concrete work is scheduled to begin week of June 6
- Curbing will begin week of June 13
- Temporary lighting will be installed week of June 6, with the permanent light poles scheduled for installation week of June 13
- Paving and striping the lanes will be the final construction activity, tentatively at the end of June
- GDOT final acceptance of the project in early July
May 3, 2022 Update from GDOT on the Armour Monroe Roundabout Project
Estimated completion is now scheduled for early July 2022. Click the link above for more details.
February 16, 2022 Update from GDOT on the Armour-Monroe Roundabout Project
For the latest updates on the GDOT Roundabout Project at Monroe & Armour Drives, please visit their project website:
LATE APRIL 2022: Expected Completion Date
You can also contact GDOT about this project by emailing ArmourMonroeRoundabout@dot.ga.gov
(click image below to bring up full-size PDF)