Piedmont Heights Walking Tour

1924 Morningside Shopping Center

1578 Piedmont Avenue NE

Atlanta’s very first shopping center, built in 1925, originally had eleven stores. A Masonic Lodge on the second floor later became a noted restaurant called Gene and Gabe’s, one of President Jimmy Carter’s favorite dining spots. The restaurant later became a theater where a play called “Della’s Diner” was a 1980s cult classic. Smith’s Olde Bar has been a neighborhood staple since 1993.

GO TO THE NEXT LANDMARK ON THE PIEDMONT HEIGHTS WALKING TOUR: Morningside Baptist Church

Contact Us

Piedmont Heights Civic Association
P.O. Box 13355
Atlanta GA 30324

STAY CONNECTED

Powered by Wild Apricot. Designed by Webbright.